Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Working On The Website

Today I am beginning to work on our website. It's going to be a work in progress. My teacher provided us with some examples from previous years of what worked and what didn’t. I wrote these down and some were quite useful. I noted a few things here and there, I want to take some elements from different short film websites and kind of make ours into its own. Now, I don’t know how to code a website, which probably would have been a bad thing a few years ago but now thanks to different free website templates I am able to pick from a template, customize it, and make it into my own website, all without having to code anything. Once you are done you can publish your website and make it public for everyone to see.

I chose to go with Wix to build my website. I have made websites with both Weebly and Wix before but I feel like Wix gives you a bigger variety of templates and more options to customize your website. I counted myself and found that Wix has 44 (I counted them all) templates that are designed for videos specifically. Here is a screenshot from the Wix website of a few "video" templates:


Taylor also gave me a folder full of pictures for the website that she took during the shoot and edited for me to use for the website. There are a bunch of pictures she edited, 23 to be exact, that I will choose from to include on the website. I still don't know if I want the website to have individual pages, or to have scrollable links so everything is on one page. Hopefully I will get the website done by the end of this week so I will have enough time to write and create my CCR. 

As far as the website goes, I plan on including these things (and more as I go along):
  - Pictures of the Cast and Crew
  - Summary of the short film
  - A contact page
  - Screening information
  - Reviews of the short film
  - A mailing list
  - Soundtrack (Hopefully)
  - Behind the scenes pictures
  - Social media links


Wix Video Templates: