Monday, March 11, 2019

Beginning of The End (Finally)

Today I finished rough editing the short film. In all honesty, I thought it would end up going over five minutes. Luckily, it didn't, it just ended up being five minutes roughly. Now since I gave the entire project to Taylor she is going to change up a few things here and there. This is what my timeline looks like (below picture) now that the initial rough editing is done. We still need to do a few things before it is done though, such as color correcting, adding music, adding the voice actor, (potentially) adding foley sounds, and fixing audio. Now I say this is the beginning of the end because all of the hard work, is FINALLY complete.

The editing process actually went a lot faster than I thought it would. Thanks to our good planning, I was just able to refer to our script and storyboard for quick references the flow of the short film. Organization also helped out a lot. Like I described in my last blog posting, I organized the clips corresponding to the scene to which it belonged, allowing to basically edit in a chronological manner.


Front Side
Taylor and I already completed the postcard last week, as seen on the right. For the most part, she did came up with the whole idea and design of both sides, I just offered my input. On the back side, we had some contention because we went through multiple design ideas that just didn't seem to work. We ended up coming to the design you see on the back. Taylor had to end up photoshopping the clouds out of the background picture because it created too much distraction, not allowing the reader to focus on the text.

Back Side
Since we already finished the postcard, I really feel like we are making good use of our time. This week I am going to focus on the website, and most likely get it done and Taylor will finish editing the short film. So that leaves us plenty of time before the week after (our last week) to work on any last minute things and complete our Creative Critical Reflection (CCR).