Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Final Comments

Wow, what a llooooonnnngggg project. In hindsight, this project felt like a lot more work in a short period of time than last year's AS Level project. I am going to be completely honest in this post. When I first started this project, specifically up through week three I procrastinated a lot. I did do some research here and there, but I was not doing much in the planning phase. I really only left myself only a week and a half to do the storyboard, find props, find talent, and wrap up the script. In the long run, everything ended up working out, but it could have gone wrong very quickly.

The good part about the final result is that we planned our filming day to the minute and filmed everything we needed to. We made sure to write a good script. During the writing process, I told Taylor to number each line of the script so I could match the storyboard with the lines on the script. Talent wise, we specifically chose to only have one main character because we knew it would be easier to film and it would help achieve that post apocalyptic feeling. From the beginning, Taylor and I envisioned someone being alone, knowing that it would be very possible to film.

All in all, this was a very fun process and a great learning experience right before I go to college and do bigger and better things. Would I do it again? mmm Yeah. Would I learn something new if I did it again? Probably that's a yes as well. I just want to take a moment and thank everyone involved that got me to this point, now, I feel like I am ready for the real world. Let's see where the road of life takes me.

Peace - KV