Friday, March 1, 2019

Last Minute Prep

 So tomorrow we are going to shoot the ENITRE short film, in one day. Taylor and I feel pretty comfortable that we will be able to get the entire thing done in this day since we have planned this very well, and for a long time. We took the day today to make sure we could plan our filming day as best as possible and so we would not miss anything from the storyboard

On our last planning day we went ahead and created a final prop list and created a shooting schedule in order to best prepare for the shoot. These two documents are actually quite important because it will help us on the day of the shoot. In all honesty, we probably should've gotten these two things done a bit earlier, but we got them done in time. An important reason for having the schedule done is so we can budget our time accordingly and have enough time to film at each location. Since Alex, the main character, is seen throughout different times of day, we made sure to come back to certain locations in order to film since lighting changes throughout the day. If you can tell, I also added a "Script" column in the schedule because we ended up needing to film the scenes out of order. If you refer to my script posting, you can see that we added numbers to each section. This was done so we could refer to the script easily, while on location.


Shooting Schedule

Final Prop List

On this last day I also made sure to get the costume ready for Alex. I bought a new shirt and throughout different steps, tried to add age, use, and wear and tear to the shirt. At first I put the brand new white t-shirt in unsweetened tea and coffee in order to stain the shirt. Afterwards I was not too sure on how to make the holes so I put researched information on this. I found this wikiHow article on how to make a t-shirt look worn and liked the cheese grater idea. So I ended up using a cheese grater to make holes in it and applying some make up to the shirt in order to add a dirty look to it. Here is the process of me making the shirt for Alex: