Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Beginning To Edit

Today I am going to begin the editing process for In The Back of Beyond. As of now we still have one more scene to film, the one at the very end, the control room scene. We were not able to film that scene on Saturday because the control room we are going to use is in our school, which is only open during the week. I uploaded some pictures of the control room in a previous posting. We are either going to film this last quick scene tomorrow or this Friday. 

For now though, Taylor and I are going to take advantage of our time and begin editing. The first thing I have to do is organize the clips by putting them in different folders according to the scene it takes place in. We have to do this in order to make the editing process easier for ourselves. I am going to try to get the whole thing edited this week so we can work on adding any finishing touches next week while also leaving time to fix audio and work on coloring. 

My only primary concern is sound design because we have to create music or find suitable royalty free music. Other than that, I am not too overly concerned because we left ourselves plenty of time to work on the major task (short film) and the minor task (flyer and website). We decided to split the minor task, me doing the website and Taylor doing the flyer. Taylor took plenty of pictures during the shoot we should have some good pictures for the flyer.

All fun and games aside, now is the time to begin to put the real hard work in. This is the hardest part in creating any film because now you actually have to take an idea and make it into something that can feasibly represent that idea and represent it accurately. I thought I would give you a look at what my project looks like so far in the picture below. Yeah, I have an empty timeline, and, yeah I realize I have a lot of work to do.