Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Leaving Soon...

This coming Thursday I will be leaving the country for Mexico and be spending the weekend there. Honestly, I am not sure how well of an internet connection I am going to have there so I figured to update you guys on my progress. I will hit the ground running when I come back I promise. #GameTime

We have made some progress, albeit minimal progress. I am currently working on an summary which I will update you guys on a future blog posting this week. Also, with some exciting news, Taylor came up with a title for the short film. I will reveal the title also in a later blog post. Having a title helps us out tremendously because it really shapes what the short film is going to be about and what it is going to look like. Similarly, you want to have a creative and descriptive title for your short film in order to attract potential viewers. Let's face it, people do judge a book by its cover, so that is why it is important to have an exceptional title along with compelling visuals for any marketing material.

For the movie poster (print ad), I am still torn on whether to put the title on the bottom or the top of the poster. This is an important choice because it shapes what your viewer focuses on first. For example, if the title is at the bottom, naturally, at least for me, the eye will look at the visual first and then at the title. On the other hand, if the title is at the top, the eye will tend to focus on the title first and then look at the visual below it. Here are some examples:
Image result for movie postersImage result for movie posters

Over the next two blogs I will update you guys with our summary and tell you guys the background of the title and how we came up with it.