Friday, February 1, 2019

Planning Planning Planning

As if my title does not say it already, we need to PLAN. The reason planning is so important to the production of any film is that you need to make conscious choices when deciding what to include and what not to include. So in order to have the best possible film we are going to need to write a script so we know what the characters are going to say, but we also need to storyboard as well so we have a visualization of what the film is going to look like.

After contemplating what we needed to do, my partner and I set aside a date for when we would film so we know how much time we would have to plan and set our schedule accordingly. Since we both have our own busy high school lives we came to the conclusion that we would film on Saturday March 2nd. This date would give us about a month to plan while also giving us about three weeks to work on post production stuff. Another reason why we picked this date is so we would have enough time to refilm anything just in case it comes down to that.

During these upcoming posts I will be doing research on genre, plot development, character development, costume design, and technical elements to name a few. Personally, I believe the most important one to research is genre because it is what your outline is going to be based on so that is what I am going to be mainly focusing my researching on during my next blog posting.

After all research is done, we will begin planning by writing our script, storyboarding, finding props, location scouting, and finding characters.